Jeff Davis County Courthouse 1
The Jeff Davis County Courthouse resides in Fort Davis, Texas. This building was contructed from 1910-1911 and now resides on the National Register of Historic Places. The courthouse, along with the nearby Davis Mountains State Park and Fort Davis National Historic site, was named after Jefferson Davis. Davis served as the US Secretary of War at the time the town and Fort Davis were established. Davis later took over as President of the Confederate States during the Civil War. The Jeff Davis County Courthouse still functions as the county seat, as well as playing host to community celebrations. Photo © copyright by Rob Greebon.