St. Edward's University is a small and pristine campus just a few miles southwest of Austin. The catholic school sits on beautifully manicured green lawns filled with sprawling and lush trees. While currently located in a bustling area of downtown, it was originally founded by Father Edward Sorin in 1877 on some hilltop acreage of farmland as St. Edward's Academy. From this, the mascot became the "Hilltoppers." The name of the university was derive from Father Sorin's patron saint, Edward the Confessor and King.
The aerial photography in this gallery was taken with permission of St. Edward's University as well the FAA (approval is required by both).