Welcome to my Reykjavik gallery. All images presented here are available as prints, and in some cases, digital files.
Reykjavik is the capital city of Iceland, and the greater Reykjavik area is home to 63% of the population (~ 236,000 total people in the greater area and ~ 136,000 in the capital area itself). The beauty of the city is captured in the colors, sounds, and history of this ancient area. A few of the highlights, but by all means not all, include
* Hallgrimskirkja - the Lutheran parish church in Reykjavik, which took 41 years to complete and finally opened in 1986. The landmark’s spire rises 74.5 meters (~ 244 feet) into the sky. It is the highest point in the city and makes for a good guidepost when exploring. From Hallgrimskirkja’s bell tower, the colorful roofs of the buildings far below make for an interesting collage while the blue waters of the North Atlantic shine in the distance.
* Fríkirkjan í Reykjavík - a 10 minute walk to the west, this Lutheran church sits along the shores of Tjörnin, a small lake in the capital city.
* Skólavörðustígur Street - Reykjavik's Rainbow Street.
* The Sun Voyager - a sculpter by Jón Gunnar Árnason along the waterfront.
* Laugavegur - one of the main shopping streets in Reykjavik
If you are fortunate enough to visit this amazing city, you’ll have plenty of sights to see.